If you believe that your original work has been copied or otherwise infringed on www.mgrc.com.my (“Portal”), you may notify Malaysian Genomics Resource Centre Berhad (Co.No. 652790-V) (“MGRC”) as to the nature of the infringement via email, at the email address provided below.
MGRC is not able to arbitrate disputes between you and third parties who may use its services, or list/advertise their own products and services on the Portal. You as the copyright owner will need to resolve the dispute directly with the third party in question. However MGRC will perform an investigation into reasonable complaints, and provide you with as much assistance as possible as you attempt to resolve such disputes. MGRC will remove infringing materials from the Portal if required to do so pursuant to an enforceable order of court.
MGRC’s response to complaints:
- MGRC may need to request for additional information from you.
- MGRC may need to provide the alleged infringing party with your e-mail address so that that said party can respond directly to your allegations.
- MGRC will provide you with notice if your content is removed due to alleged infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights on the Portal. MGRC will also provide you with the e-mail address of the complaining party so that you may attempt to resolve the issue directly. MGRC will restore your content upon receipt of notification from the complaining party confirming that the dispute has been satisfactorily resolved.
- If a dispute develops as to the rightful owner of copyright subsisting in any third party content, MGRC reserves the right to remove your content along with that of the alleged infringer, pending resolution of the matter.
If you are the complainant, you should provide MGRC with the following details:
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and passport number of the copyright owner, or the person/entity authorised to act on his behalf;
- A brief description of the content in connection with which the copyright infringement claim originates and the location of the infringing content on the Portal;
- A copy of a statutory declaration, affidavit or other document asserting copyright ownership in the content, and that you are the owner (or, are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner); and
- A statement to the effect that you believe in good faith, that an infringing use has been made of the content and that such use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agents or by operation of law.
Complaints and notifications may be addressed to:
- IP Officer,
- Legal Department,
- Malaysian Genomics Resource Centre Berhad.
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org